Thursday, September 15, 2022

Visual Development Personal Project process

Currently working on a vis dev. personal project while following Sylvian Marc's course: Visual Developpement step by step on Schoolism.

Original Idea:
A shop owner has a rundown store stocked with electronics from another world.

Thumbnails:

Character explorations:
Had a sleazy 80's car salesmen vibe I wanted for the main character. 



Once I tried to make a character similar looking but modify some features. Felt I had either made Brothers or at least Cousins. Then I felt, I had more of a story to work from. 

Main character inherits his brother's rundown store stocked with electronics from another world. Now has to figure out what to do with the shop and where it all comes from.

Style search:
Love both Nicola Saviori and Fabien Mense styles and wanted to see what I wanted, look-wise for a more finished piece. 

So here are some tests inspired by these artist's styles:


Going with the Mense rendition and adding on atmosphere lighting to have a golden hour-like feel.
 
Reference/examples of concept art of said lighting:




Updates to come soon! :)